Get Adobe Flash player
****
« »
  • 6 things to watch out for in the Premier League this weekend

    6 things to watch out for in the Premier League this weekend

  • My Five Favourite Things from Spurs-Man City (from a Spurs fan)

    My Five Favourite Things from Spurs-Man City (from a Spurs fan)

  • Man City Women: A New Era

    Man City Women: A New Era

  • Liverpool 4-0 Everton: Sturridge stars as Reds run riot

    Liverpool 4-0 Everton: Sturridge stars as Reds run riot

User Rating:  / 4

As ever, Chelsea have been present in this transfer window and the biggest story has seen Juan Mata complete his move from the West London club to the red side of Manchester. The two-time Fans’ Player of the Year has been used sparingly by José Mourinho in a squad that has a wealth of creative, attacking talent. But by losing the fans’ favourite and bringing in the highly-rated Mohamed Salah from Basel, has the Portuguese manager got this one right?

Read more...

User Rating:  / 0

Watching yesterday's 5-1 thrashing at the hands of Manchester City was like being caught in the driving rain that persisted throughout: not unexpected but completely unwelcome. But there were positives: numerous ones, in fact. More than I could actually fit into this article, even!

I'm not grasping at straws, I swear.

Read more...

User Rating:  / 0

The scenes at Hull over recent weeks have certainly been ugly; Assem Allam’s desire to change the club name from Hull City to Hull Tigers went down like the proverbial lead balloon with many supporters, and the situation only worsened when Allam stated fans opposed to his ideas could ‘...die as soon as they want’, in response to the City Till We Die protest group.

Read more...

User Rating:  / 6

Ever since Roman Abramovich took over Chelsea back in 2003, the footballing landscape in England changed forever. Here was a model for other billionaires to latch on to; buy a football club, invest your money in good players and new talent, watch your club achieve untold success and bask in the adoration of millions of fans worldwide.

Read more...

User Rating:  / 1

Three and a half years ago, a Malaysian business mogul bought a struggling Welsh club then in the Championship. Nobody batted an eyelid until said business mogul decided in 2012 to rebrand the club, change their colours from blue to red, and redesign their club crest from a blue badge depicting a bluebird to a red badge depicting a dragon (and a bluebird at the bottom, if you squint).

Read more...

User Rating:  / 1

It is fair to say that the teams at bottom of the Premier League and the top of the Championship are not that different in strength. There have been countless matches in the FA Cup, where a top division side came up short against lower league opposition. Cardiff’s trip to Bolton had the potential to turn out to be one of those FA Cup upsets.

Read more...

  • Scouting Report: Julian Draxler

    Scouting Report: Julian Draxler

  • Scouting Report: Kevin Volland

    Scouting Report: Kevin Volland

  • Scouting Report: Andre Schurrle

    Scouting Report: Andre Schurrle

   Ballsy Banter © 2014. All Rights Reserved.

  Website Designed By Nathan Caselton