Season Preview 2013-14: West Bromwich Albion

August 16, 2013 in Premier League, Team Previews

Pin It

West Bromwich Albion have become a bit of a fixture in the Premier League as of late. They were promoted from the Championship in 2010 and have had a very successful few years, improving their finish every season (11th, 10th, and then 8th). This three-year spell has been highlighted by some good managers, including Roberto Di Matteo, Roy Hodgson, and the promising Steve Clarke, as well as an exciting (but brief) run into the top four last season.

SteveClarke Read the rest of this entry →

Ballsy Banter Podcast 20/03/13

March 20, 2013 in Podcasts

Pin It

A new episode of Ballsy Banter is now up, so do what you need to do and give it a listen! On this week’s podcast we discuss the England team, the Premier League relegation battle, the McManaman tackle and the games from the league weekend just gone. Plus, we discuss the retirement of one Michael Owen. Oh how we’ll miss this:

Michael Owen Moustache

There are a whole number of ways to listen, click on the ‘Podcast’ page at the top-left of the page and you can either stream it or download the podcast from there. Or just click here to go there direct.

Subscribe 1

If you have an Android phone, any RSS podcast app will have it available for download by just searching us. It couldn’t be simpler! So give it a listen and please give us some feedback however good or bad, we want to make it as good as we possibly can so you enjoy it as much as we do. Email us, Tweet us or Facebook us your feedback!

Hope you enjoy the podcast, and until next time, up the banter!

The lads.

Ballsy Banter Podcast - 01/03/13

March 1, 2013 in Uncategorized

Pin It

Ballsy Banter podcast - 1/3/2013 by Ballsy Banter on Mixcloud

A new episode of Ballsy Banter is now up, so do what you need to do and give it a listen! On this week’s podcast we talk about the Premier league and the FA cup, we compare the Champion’s league to it’s younger sibling, the Europa league and introduce ‘any other business’ to the show. We also discuss loads of other football matters, including D. Beck’s full debut for PSG. He was involved in a pretty meaty scrap with Marseille’s Jordan Ayew, but only Beckham would sort out his hair before squaring up. We love this man.

Beckham Ayew Hair

Anyway, there are a whole number of ways to listen, click on the ‘Podcast’ page at the top-left of the page and you can either stream it or download the podcast from there. Or just click here to go there direct.

Subscribe 1

If you have an Android phone, any RSS podcast app will have it available for download by just searching us. It couldn’t be simpler! So give it a listen and please give us some feedback however good or bad, we want to make it as good as we possibly can so you enjoy it as much as we do. Email us, Tweet us or Facebook us your feedback!

Hope you enjoy the podcast, and until next time, up the banter!

The lads.

Ballsy Banter 13/02/13 - The Sheg-cast

February 13, 2013 in Podcasts

Pin It

We’re back! A brand spanking new episode of Ballsy Banter is now up, so do what you need to do and give it a listen! Just so you know, to ‘sheg’ means to screw something up. On this week’s podcast we mention shegging A BIT, talk about  the Champion’s league, the Premier league, and all leagues in-between, and look ahead to the FA Cup weekend. We also mention this lovely tackle from Z-man, do you think it was a red?

Zlatan Red Card Guardado

Also, a MASSIVE thank you to ‘Beanth The Beach‘, who hooked us up with some great new music for the podcast. Check them out and support them!

Beneath The Beach Banner

Anyway, there are a whole number of ways to listen, click on the ‘Podcast’ page at the top-left of the page and you can either stream it or download the podcast from there. Or just click here to go there direct.

Subscribe 1

If you have an Android phone, any RSS podcast app will have it available for download by just searching us. It couldn’t be simpler! So give it a listen and please give us some feedback however good or bad, we want to make it as good as we possibly can so you enjoy it as much as we do. Email us, Tweet us or Facebook us your feedback!

Ballsy Banter 13/02/13 - The Sheg-cast by Ballsy Banter on Mixcloud

Hope you enjoy the podcast, and until next time, up the banter!

The lads.

AFCON: Ethiopia v Zambia - Jemal Tassew’s tackle

January 22, 2013 in International

Pin It

The African Cup Of Nations is now in full swing, but I just wanted to document this moment of madness for the Ethiopia goalkeeper, Jemal Tassew. On day three of the tournament, cup-holders Zambia played Ethiopia and just after the half hour mark Zambia forward Chisamba Lungu made a break through the middle from a ball over the top, but was dramatically taken down by Ethiopia keeper.

After several minutes of medical attention, Jemel was stretchered off the pitch, but not before the referee showed the goalie a red card whilst being carried off. And because everyone loves a GIF, just for you, here’s one of the incident:

Ethiopia Zambia Jemal Tassew Tackle

Plugin by Social Author Bio