Season Preview 2013-14: Tottenham Hotspur

August 16, 2013 in Premier League, Team Previews

Pin It

2012/2013 was another season of so close yet so far for Tottenham, who once again finished below their bitter north London rivals by just a single point, and had to settle for the poor man’s Champions League (Europa). That single point will have hurt them badly and I can see them itching to discard their tag of bottlers in seasons gone by. However, a lot hinges of the future of Gareth Bale. Daniel Levy has reiterated time and time again that the player of the season is not for sale. So for the purpose of making this preview, I’ll just assume that Bale will be playing for Spurs.

Roberto Soldado Tottenham

Read the rest of this entry →

Scouting Report: Andre Schurrle (Chelsea)

June 18, 2013 in Bundesliga, Features, Premier League, Transfers

Pin It

It did not take long for Jose Mourinho to make his first signing after returning to Chelsea, following news that Bayer Leverkusen winger Andre Schurrle would be joining the Europa League champions for a fee of around £19m. The 22-year old adds yet more attacking firepower to a team that is already blessed with brilliant forward players such as Eden Hazard and the sumptuous Juan Mata. But just what exactly will he offer the team and his new manager? In short, a lot.

Schurrle1

Read the rest of this entry →

Why I am not going to miss the Premier League

May 13, 2013 in Premier League

Pin It

With relegation sadly confirmed for my beloved Reading, it has given me a chance to reflect on my first season regularly watching “the best league in the world”, and you can guess by the title what my thoughts are. I am not going to miss it too much.

ReadingRelegation Read the rest of this entry →

Is it time to introduce safe standing areas at football grounds?

April 12, 2013 in Features

Pin It

I count myself lucky to be able to go to the majority of my team’s games throughout the season. There is nothing quite like watching your team week in week out (even though my team loses every week) and seeing the world’s best players showcase their talent. I love it, but there is one thing that I am slightly disappointed by. Atmosphere. Or rather, the lack of it.
EmiratesCrowd Read the rest of this entry →

Nigel Adkins is the perfect appointment for Reading

March 27, 2013 in Premier League

Pin It

As soon as the news broke that Brian McDermott had been sacked, the first manager that came to my mind to replace him was Nigel Adkins. Now after a nervy wait where Gus Poyet rejected us and Adkins was apparently not interested initially, the former Southampton manager has been hired as Reading’s new manager; much to my delight, as I firmly believe he is the right man to lead us forward.

nigel-adkins_g_2518273b Read the rest of this entry →

Plugin by Social Author Bio