Isco, the Antimadridista - Madrid’s New Signing

June 27, 2013 in La Liga, Transfers by Emma Lucy Whitney

Pin It

“I’d say I’m a bit antimadridista; although I do not know where my future will be… it’s a team that I never liked. I get the impression that [Real Madrid] is an arrogant club, about how the players are. Without humility, you cannot get anywhere.”

Read the rest of this entry →

Carlos Tevez and the Old Lady: A Match Made In Heaven?

June 27, 2013 in Premier League, Serie A, Transfers by Joseph Kingsley-Nyinah

Pin It

Carlos Tevez is many things to many people at many different times.

Hero. Pariah. Mercenary. Victim. Captain. Ex-husband. Partner. Father. Criminal. Singer. Golfer. Linguist. And, on the odd occasion, footballer.

To me, he’ll always be the face of some of the finest corporate trolling ever seen.WELCOME

Read the rest of this entry →

The Football Week in LOL WHAT

June 27, 2013 in Features, Funny Stuff by Jamie Levitt

Pin It

You play, you pay

“My grandmother could’ve scored that!” Yeah? Well, now you can prove it, well nearly. Debt-stricken Blue Square Bet Premier outfit, Macclesfield Town are offering the chance for a member of the public to play ten minutes of a league or cup match for the modest (depending on your status) sum of £20,000. The idea comes from the apparent need for the club to raise £100,000 by the end of August.

Soccer - FA Cup - Fourth Round - Macclesfield Town v Wigan Athletic - Moss Rose

Read the rest of this entry →

Scouting Report: Matej Vydra

June 27, 2013 in Championship, Transfers by Ben Said Scott

Pin It

With the transfer merry go round in full swing, the latest rumours to be doing the rounds, not only at my club, Sunderland, but a bunch of other Premier League clubs, concerns Matej Vydra. The current Udinese man has become hot property in light of his success in the Championship last year. His goal scoring exploits earned him the title of Championship player of the year, as well as getting the Hornets to within touching distance of the Premier League. A loss in the play-off final to Crystal Palace, although heartbreaking, will be deemed a good season overall for Gianfranco Zola’s young side. However, despite seeming happy during his time at Watford, Vydra and his agent see bigger things next season. Watford’s play-off loss will most likely be another team’s gain.

MatejVydra Read the rest of this entry →

Why Pep can’t win at Bayern

June 26, 2013 in Uncategorized by Matt Harrison

Pin It

Some people probably, deep down, don’t give a shit what you think about them because they are just so goddamn handsome. Pep Guardiola is probably one of these people. His unveiling today as Bayern Munich’s manager caused a breakdown of civilisation amongst German women as their ovaries simultaneously exploded. However, his arrival in Munich brings with it an air of smugness amongst the rest of European football as Bayern are already top of the tree in Europe and by a long way; for Pep, the only way is down.

Pep Guardiola Bayern

Read the rest of this entry →