5 Players Likely To Join A ‘Big’ Club By Next Summer

November 14, 2012 in Features

Pin It

In this article, I’m going to lead you through some interesting transfer rumours surrounding the Premier League’s finest teams. Any top or up and coming players that want to join the Premier League elite could be featured, so let’s do the run through!

1. Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid-Chelsea)

You all knew this would be at the top of this list. Falcao has been poised to leave Atletico Madrid for several months now, and one of the many clubs he has been linked with is Chelsea, loaded with that Abramovich money. I had heard reports that Abramovich was not interested in signing the outstanding Colombian, but reports have been released this week that Chelsea have had a €60m offer accepted by Atletico Madrid, so the move is now down to personal terms, if these reports are believed to be true. Just want to reiterate that these are only reports, and that nothing has been confirmed as of yet by either club. If Chelsea do in fact land Falcao, their front line will be something else, easily the best in the league; can you imagine Falcao, with Mata, Hazard and Oscar playing behind him? A scary thought for any Premier League defence. Of course, other rich clubs are all believed to be in for Falcao, so by next summer, expect him to be at either Chelsea, Manchester City, Paris St. Germain, or Real Madrid - the latter being the least likely, due to the rivalry between the two Madrid teams.

-

2. James Rodriguez (FC Porto-Manchester United)

Manchester United are linked to ‘the South American Cristiano Ronaldo’. While that may be a bit of an overstatement, it’s certainly not surprising. The 21-year old Colombian is obviously talented, and has been getting rave reviews recently. United have sent their scouts an astonishing seven times to watch him this season, so to say he’s on their radar is stating the obvious. A winger by his own right, he could very well be seen as a replacement for Nani, should he leave over the coming months. With a reported £24m release clause in his contract, The Red Devils will have to be prepared to pay a pretty penny for this talent, as Porto have already stated they will not let him go for anything less.

-

3. Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace-Arsenal)

As we all know by now, Monsieur Wenger likes buying players at a young age, so it’s really not a shock that he is interested in the young Palace player Zaha. He has been on excellent form in the Championship this season, and is one of the main reasons Palace sit atop the ladder in that league. Add an England call up to that mix, and that’s all Wenger needs to hear! Apparently willing to pay up to £15m for him, Arsenal could certainly have a star on their hands.

-

4. Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke-Liverpool)

As we can tell, Liverpool need something. Something apart from Luis Suarez, and at the moment, they really don’t have it. Sure, Suarez is one of the in-form players in the league right now, but what if he gets injured? Or beaten up by the rest of the league, who hate his guts? Cue the entrace of Huntelaar. While he has never made it on the big stage, with moves to Real Madrid and AC Milan not going as well as he might have hoped, he could make one last rise to the big leagues and move to Liverpool. With Liverpool reportedly willing to bid around £6m for him, I would personally think that bid would get rejected, seeing as he is playing well for Schalke at the moment. And also, seeing as Liverpool paid £40m for the pair of Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson, I’m pretty sure Schalke could name their price with this one.

-

5. Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse-Newcastle/Spurs/Liverpool)

Moussa Sissoko is one of the many players that is seemingly going to let his contract run out by next summer, so therefore, this move could occur in January for a nominal fee, or in the summer for free. Either way, any of these clubs will be getting a well-rounded midfielder, who is great in the tackle, and can also attack on top of that. Capped by France five times, this 23-year old does look very promising. Newcastle were rumoured to have already snapped him up, but both club and player have denied this, although Sissoko was quoted as saying “Newcastle are a fantastic team and would be attractive to any player. I’m no different. To play in the Premier League would be a dream come true. It is a fantastic league and I enjoy watching it.” And obviously, with fellow Frenchmen Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Gabriel Obertan to help him along with this move, out of the three clubs, I would expect to see him in black and white over the red of Liverpool, or the white of Spurs.

Comments