90′s Time Tunnel - Euro 2012 Special: John Jensen

June 30, 2012 in Euro 2012, Features, International by Matty Deller

Pin It

With the Euro 2012 final on the horizon, The 90′s Time Tunnel is back! In this week’s installment, let’s go back to the very first European Championships of the 90′s. Let’s go back to Euro 92, and a man that scored in the final - but is remembered for not scoring for a long, long time. That man is John Jensen.

Read the rest of this entry →

Transfer tests beckon for Rodgers

June 30, 2012 in Premier League, Transfers by George Curtis

Pin It

It is common form at this time of year for the rumour mill to enter overdrive. Moreover, the desire for owners and managers up and down the country to invest in the latest crop of supposed wonderkids is bubbling ferociously, all keen to get their hands on that prize asset who may prove the difference in those tight relegation battles and enthralling title challenges. For Liverpool’s new boss, Brendan Rodgers, pastures new await as he embarks on an exciting stage in his impressive career, short thus far, but promising in every way. Unlike his predecessor, Rodgers’ red revolution will commence without the weight of typical Merseyside expectations, but instead with caution and a certain degree of uneasiness.

Read the rest of this entry →

Italy vs Spain II: The Prized Possession

June 30, 2012 in Euro 2012, International by William Kent

Pin It

Italy and Spain find themselves battling it out for victory for the second time in just three weeks after they had their first, original stalemate in Gdansk. This time, however, it’s for the only major trophy of European international football, not just the three points.

Read the rest of this entry →

Beckham Olympic snub for belligerent Bellamy

June 30, 2012 in International, Olympics by Lizzi Hollis

Pin It

My first thought on hearing about David Beckham’s dismissal from the GB Olympic squad was “Fetch me my keyboard of anger”, and so I did. I have ranted on Facebook, Twitter, and now I have the Ballsy Banter platform in which to vent my rage too.

Read the rest of this entry →

Echte Liebe: a proper introduction to Borussia Dortmund

June 29, 2012 in Bundesliga by Ballsy Banter

Pin It

Sat in Berlin’s Olympiastadion on a breezy mid-May evening, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson witnessed Borussia Dortmund’s first domestic double. Though just a week before the climactic finale of the Premier League, it was clear that Ferguson had the future in mind. Shinji Kagawa, the Japanese maverick, opened the scoring within four minutes, prompting a dominant Dortmund display that led to a 5-2 victory over rivals Bayern Munich. Kagawa, 23, has since signed for United in a deal that could reach £17m.

Read the rest of this entry →