You’ll Never Walk Alone…when you have three directors

May 31, 2012 in Premier League by Joseph Kingsley-Nyinah

Pin It

Three, De La Soul once sang, is the magic number.

This has lots of basis in fact. There are numerous scientific studies proving our predisposition to this “triadic structure”. The Western world’s predominant religion is based on “The Holy Trinity”, which may be cause or effect. Film trilogies, traffic lights, even the way we recite phone numbers all point towards our inclination to this. Heck, I just used it as a device right now.

Does it really apply to things that have been established as bad ideas though?

Read the rest of this entry →

A Tale Of Two Strikers

May 30, 2012 in Premier League, Transfers by Ben Said Scott

Pin It

What a difference a January transfer window makes. I know, I know, talk of transfers is one a penny during the close season, but I assure you, rather than being a future seer, I want to talk about transfers that have happened in the past, to highlight how important getting the right business done can be.

Perhaps being even more controversial than talking about old transfers, I also am going to compare Newcastle with Sunderland. Shock horror! Here I go trying to be as nice as I can…

Read the rest of this entry →

A Decision Haz Been Made!

May 29, 2012 in Premier League, Transfers by Daniel Lloyd

Pin It

So, Eden Hazard has finally chosen the club he will play for next season, and in a somewhat shocking turn, he has shied away from the big Manchester clubs, and gone to the Champions League winners, Chelsea.

Read the rest of this entry →

Life in League 1 – Playoffs, Penalties and Promotion

May 29, 2012 in Championship, League 1 by Matt Harrison

Pin It

At approximately 6 o’clock on Saturday evening, I jumped up and down elated, hugged the random man next to me, then slumped back into my seat in block 131 at Wembley Stadium and shed a small selection of tears. The kind of drama I witnessed only a few yards from my eyes was hard to believe, but after 11 long years, my team, my home town, my first boyhood love, were promoted back to the Championship.

Read the rest of this entry →

Assessing the new technique for developing technique

May 29, 2012 in International by Jonathan Holdstock

Pin It

FA shareholders yesterday voted in new youth development proposals which will see 5v5 football for under 7’s and 8’s, 7v7 for under 9’s and 10’s and a 9v9 format for under 11’s and 12’s. The changes will be phased in by the 2014-15 season.

Read the rest of this entry →