Great Scott, give him a chance!

February 29, 2012 in Features, International by Aman Pathiara

Pin It

I’ve been a relatively long-standing advocate of Scott Parker. He’s been a bit unfortunate throughout his career, and has only really gained recognition after his time at West Ham, and so it’s nice to see that he has been made England captain. Regardless of your view on his lack of international caps or concerns that Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard is a much more qualified candidate, you can’t help but feel happy for the man.

However, the matter won’t be left there, and I think I’ll address a few issues. Read the rest of this entry →

5 Brazilians I would like to see in the Premier League

February 28, 2012 in Features by Daniel Lloyd

Pin It

Brazil has a rich history of producing superstars. Here are five that I’d love to see in England. Read the rest of this entry →

Is the Premier League losing its dominance in the Champions League or are the lesser teams just getting better?

February 27, 2012 in Europe by William Kent

Pin It

Three years ago, the Champions League group phase seemed little more than a formality for England’s strongest clubs. With all four representatives usually progressing through with ease, it was almost taken for granted that England’s clubs would be the dominant force in the most prestigious club tournament in Europe. But this season tells a different story. Read the rest of this entry →

HOW DOES HE DO THIS?!

February 26, 2012 in Football Virals by Ballsy Banter

Pin It

That’s Cristiano for you.

The Carling Cup: a small but crucial step in Liverpool’s quest for glory

February 25, 2012 in FA and Carling Cup by Farhat Raza

Pin It

If, as expected, Liverpool claim victory in Sunday’s Carling Cup final, you can rest assured that rival fans will be quick to rain on King Kenny’s parade. The lines are well rehearsed by now, with the winners told that “it doesn’t matter”. It was only the Carling Cup, the one that nobody cares about; easy to win, irrelevant, the cup almost embarrassingly slight. The League Cup is certainly nothing to shout about. Liverpool won’t be taking the silver cup on tour should they win (if they do, I will be all over it, as an avid Manchester United fan), nor should it be what defines their season, but it definitely matters. It matters a lot. Read the rest of this entry →