The Last, Last Word: It’s the most wonderful time of the year…

August 30, 2011 in Features, Premier League by Matty Deller

Pin It

By Matty Deller.

Hello one and all, its time for the last, last word on the weekends action. Or it would be, but since last weeks post pretty much laid the pre-curser for Manchester United’s 8-2 humping of a understrength Arsenal side. So with that, and combined with the fact I am too ill to really have any strong angst towards anything, I thought I would give an ode to my favourite day of the year. A day full of wonder, excitement and uncertainity to all football fans across the country. I am of course talking about everyones favourite day, Transfer Deadline Day. Read the rest of this entry →

New Names, Same Story

August 29, 2011 in Premier League by Aman Pathiara

Pin It

By Aman Pathiara

Sometimes, a cliché sums it up best. In Manchester United’s case this season, you have a choice between “every cloud has a silver lining” and “a blessing in disguise”. Read the rest of this entry →

Up for the Cup?

August 25, 2011 in FA and Carling Cup by Ballsy Banter

Pin It

By  Gavin Duke

Magic. A word that often conjures up the truly remarkable and defies any form of description possible. It’s also a word that many used very sparingly to describe the quality of domestic cup competitions in England.  ‘You can’t beat the magic of the cup’ this, and ‘Magic win for them, this would only happen in the cup!’ that, we’ve heard it all before. But is the ‘magic’ now dead? Read the rest of this entry →

The Last, Last Word: Could this be the Samir of Arsenal’s discontent?

August 23, 2011 in Premier League by Matty Deller

Pin It

By Matty Deller

Its time once again to give my two cents on the biggest story coming out of this weekend on Ballsy Banter and even though I was absent from the podcast this week, I still will find time in between buying tents and choosing what bands to see at this weeks Reading Festival to give the last, last word. Read the rest of this entry →

Great Scott: Club or Country?

August 23, 2011 in International by Ballsy Banter

Pin It

 By Gavin Duke

Fabio Capello was a man who excited and enthralled many with great expectation when he took over the reigns of our national helm. However after a disastrous trip to South Africa last summer, the Italians name seemed to leave an unsavoury taste on the tongue of every English fan. His methods were dissected and questioned, the general consensus being ‘same old, same old’. Battered by a German revolution that boasted a lively and differing appearance to its predecessor, it was time for us to follow suit in time for Euro 2012. Read the rest of this entry →